Enlightenment in Joshua Tree
Everything I’ve discovered about becoming a whole person in this lifetime, I’ve learned by spending time in nature, by myself, in complete silence.
Verywellmind.com, a site dedicated to mental health, describes the top benefits of spending time alone. Benefits include strengthening one’s empathy, improves memory, creates a space for creativity, and encourages one to embrace an aspiration. I recently experienced this epiphany myself while spending a weekend alone in the desert. So when I came across an article explaining the value of spending time alone, I was happy to find a resource to substantiate my new awareness.
Takeaways from my trip:
– If you’re unsure, plan. I booked a cheap hotel just in case plan A didn’t work out.
– Have trust in your ability to handle adverse situations.
– Have a mindset that you want to be out of your comfort zone.
– It is ok to be scared, but proceed anyway with proper caution.
– The ability to learn about your place in the universe is in nature.
– When you can do something new alone without feeling judged, you grow.
I want to challenge everyone reading this blog to do something outside their comfort zone. Take a trip alone, talk to a person you’ve been avoiding, apply for that position you have been putting off. I need you to take a chance and dive into the unknown. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
Also, if you want to watch me spending a weekend in Joshua Tree alone, head over to my YouTube channel. I enjoy the outdoors while tapping into the magical ether that surrounds us.
Watch my video on YouTube titled “Doing Things Alone”, and share places you have been to alone.